Love coffee and want to become a barista so you can work in cafes, bars or restaurants, or maybe you have a coffee machine at home and want to learn how to make the most of it?
Making coffee is an art these days, in this course you will learn all you need to know about the history of coffee, different coffee beans, grinding, extracting, texturising milk, coffee styles and how to use a commercial coffee machine. Guided by an expert barista with years of experience, you’ll be learning in a supportive group environment with plenty of opportunities to ask questions and practice skills.
Delivered by a blended learning approach, the theory assessments are to be completed online prior to the face-to-face practical training. With demand for hospitality professionals at an all-time high, there’s never been a better time to get started.
What you will learn:
- Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- There are no formal entry requirements for this course. However, it is expected that students who enrol in this course have access to a computer to complete the online assessments.
- To enhance the quality of learning, students can only enrol in a single skill set at any given time and can explore each skill set just once.
Successful participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for:
Course Duration & Hours
- SITHFAB025 - Prepare and serve espresso coffee
- SITXFSA005 - Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Assessments are completed online prior to class. Students will have 4 weeks post practical to complete online assessments. Thereafter your enrolment will be cancelled and a certificate will not be issued.
- 1 day of onsite practical learning 9:00am – 4.00pm
- Delivery location: Mullumbimby
- Course Fees are fully subsidised for eligible students.
- ACE Program Fee: $0* - most NSW residents are eligible for this subsidised fee!
- Full Fee: $250
- We kindly remind students that a $100 cancellation fee will apply only to those who do not attend any sessions of the Skill Sets course, and we encourage timely communication if any unforeseen circumstances prevent attendance.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
*Student eligibility for ACE Program fee
To be eligible for government subsidised training through the ACE Program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a New Zealand; and
- Live or work in New South Wales; and
- Be aged 15 years or older; and
- No longer be at school or equivalent; and
- Provide the College with your USI at the time of enrolment (admin staff can assist you in obtaining a USI); and
- Not have successfully completed one or more of the unit of competencies listed under Units of Study Required for an ACE Program course
For more information or to find out if your are eligible for the $0 fee call our office on 02 6684 3374.
What to bring
- Pen and paper
- Own lunch and refreshments
- Closed in shoes, covered shoulders, no midriff showing and minimal jewelry
From the 1st of January 2015, any student enrolling in an Accredited Training course will be required to obtain a USI. The USI helps to keep your training records and results together in an online account which is controlled by you. You can logon to the "USI website":http://usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx and follow the simple instructions online to create your USI. This then needs to be provided to the College at the time of enrolment.
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that you get a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!