Soils - Organic Management - PDC
Add to Cart
|15 March 2024, Friday
|09:00 am - 05:00 pm
|Byron Community College
- What is Soil
- Processes of Soil Formation
- Soil Profiles
- Australian Soils in Global Context - local geology
- Soil Properties - Physical/Biological/Chemical
- How to test Soil - pH test / ribbon test/ jar test - Hands On
- Soil Colloids and Cation Exchange Capacity
- How to Improve Soil
- Crop Rotation/Green manure as Soil Nutrition and Disease management
- Recycling Organic Waste
- Creating Natural Fertilisers for your Plants
- How to build a Compost Heap - Hands On
- Worm Farming
Permaculture Design CourseThis course module is one of 14 which make up the internationally renowned Permaculture Design Course (PDC).
You are welcome to attend just this module to learn the skills outlined above (without doing the other modules), but if you wish to gain the Permaculture Design Certificate you must complete all modules within a 12 month timeframe and satisfactorily complete an Individual Permaculture Design Project.
What to bring
- Notepad and pen
- Glass jar with soil sample from your home for us to test
- Read chapter 6 of ' Rosemary Morrow - Earth Users : Guide to Permaculture' if you have it
- Lunch and refreshments
What to wearThere will be hands on learning components in outdoor locations so please wear comfortable outdoor work clothes as needed, this includes
- Sturdy covered shoes or boots
- Appropriate long pants
- Gardening gloves
Past Student Feedback"Solid theory content. Joey is a great teacher - very personable, friendly and patient." Hamish Webster
"Very good with a balance of classroom & community gardens activities." Gayle Primmer
"Very interesting content - so much to the soils. Was great analysing soil samples & testing ph levels." Jacqui Stewart
Important informationOnce your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that you get a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!