This hands on workshop is designed for individuals who have been eager to explore welding but haven't had the chance. It's also ideal for those who wish to test the waters without a significant financial commitment to determine if welding aligns with your interests.
Maybe you’re an artist or designer frustrated on how others mystify the welding process, making it seem so inaccessible and difficult. Fear not, let us give you insight and experience into this immensely versatile world, you won’t regret taking the plunge.
In a small class, and taught by the very experienced metal artisan, Nyree L Smith, you are in good hands for a gentle and safe introduction to this skill. From here you will embark on your incredible journey into the creative and infinitely practical world of metalwork! Definitely, no previous metalworking experience required.
What to bring
- Refreshments, lunch and minimum 1-2 litres of drinking water/ beverage
- Wear work boots, steel capped if you have them
- Wear long cotton drill or denim pants or overalls, no frayed cuffs
- Bring long sleeved thick cotton overshirt (flannelette cotton ok) and wear cotton T-shirt or tank top. NB: Clothing is likely to get dirty
- Tie up long hair and trim nails to 5mm maximum length
- All other PPE and materials will be provided
All points listed above are considered mandatory for involvement in this class
Important informationOnce your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that you get a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!