Art of Paper & Print (Pt 1)
There are currently no openings available for this course.
Art of Paper & Print (Pt 1) is an introductory course into several ways to make Prints. This 4 week practical course will explore drawing and the creative possibilities of transposing drawings into mono-prints and relief-prints. The Laneway Studio now has a geared printing press - so come along, get inky and explore the fascinating processes of Printmaking.
What you will learn to:
- Develop an idea visually across a variety of media
- Transfer your initial drawing to a plate
- Distinguish positive and negative space
- Use tools to cut your image out
- Safely use a printing press
- Relief and intaglio techniques
- There are no formal entry requirements for this skill set
- To enhance the quality of learning, students can only enrol in a single skill set at any given time and can explore each skill set just once.
- Learners must not have successfully completed more than one unit of competency attached to this course listed under Units of Study Required for this Skill Set
Course Duration & Hours
- Classes are delivered face to face
- 4 days of classroom onsite learning 9:30am – 3:30pm
- 4 weeks in the classroom
- Delivery location: Laneway Studio, Mullumbimby Campus
Course Fees are fully subsidised for eligible students:
- ACE Program Fee: $0* - most NSW residents are eligible for this subsidised fee!
- Full Fee: $350
- If you enrol in Pt 1 & Pt 2 at the same time you will receive a $50 discount for Pt 2
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
*Student eligibility for ACE Program fee
To be eligible for government subsidised training through the ACE Program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a New Zealand; and
- Live or work in New South Wales; and
- Be aged 15 years or older; and
- No longer be at school or equivalent; and
- Provide the College with your USI at the time of enrolment (admin staff can assist you in obtaining a USI).
For more information or to find out if your are eligible for the $0 fee call our office on 02 6684 3374.
What to Bring
- Pen and paper
- Own lunch and refreshments
You may need to purchase some art materials (e.g. a journal to collage into or an A3 pad of quality drawing paper, Exacto knife for fine cutting, paper scissors. glue (i.e. a GluStick - Bostik or Uhu, Montmatre Gel Medium Matt or Fluid Matt Medium or Modge Podge). If you don't currently have art supplies, or are uncertain what you may want to work with, the tutor will introduce you to various options at the first class. Students can then choose to buy the supplies they particularly want to use.
From the 1st of January 2015, any student enrolling in an Accredited Training course will be required to obtain a USI. The USI helps to keep your training records and results together in an online account which is controlled by you. You can logon to the "USI website":http://usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx and follow the simple instructions online to create your USI. This then needs to be provided to the College at the time of enrolment.
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that you get a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!