Urban Permaculture (Part 2 )
This hands-on course will give you the skills and knowledge to apply this to your own urban patch.
Sharon's home in the heart of Mullumbimby town is a demonstration in Urban Permaculture and sustainable living. Her garden is devoted to food production and supplies most of her family's food needs on a typical suburban block.
What you will learn
- Organic vegetable gardening
- Instant gardens - no-dig and straw bale gardening
- Maximise garden space - stacking, succession and trellising
- Growing fruit trees in small spaces
- Keeping ducks and chickens - pest and weed managament
- Strategies for urban renters
- Verge gardening
- There are no formal entry requirements for this skill set.
- Learners must not have successfully completed more than one unit of competency attached to this course listed under Units of Study Required for this Skill Set
- The wearing of PPE gear including long work pants, long sleeved work shirt, solid work boots, garden gloves and a wide brimmed hat
It is recommended that learners are able to work physically in a range of outdoor conditions (sun, rain, wind) for extended periods of time. It is also recommended that learners should be able to squat, kneel, bend, lift and carry loads, dig, shovel and weed.
Course Duration & Hours
- Classes are delivered face to face
- 4 days of classroom and onsite learning 9.00am - 3.00pm per week
- Delivery location: Mullumbimby
- Full Fee: $350
What to bring
- Pen and paper
- Own lunch and refreshments
- Students must have enclosed shoes and a brimmed hat
- Long sleeve shirt and long pants
- Sunglasses and gloves
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that yet a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!