Introduction to Massage
There are currently no openings available for this course.
Are you fascinated by the human body? Like to learn more about human anatomy and develop the skills to treat your friends and family to the ancient healing art of massage?
This eight week Introduction to Massage course will open your eyes to the fascinating world just under your skin. This introductory course is designed to give you the basic skills to provide massage for friends and family at home.
Who knows though, it may just ignite your curiosity enough to go on to join us for further study in the industry recognised HLT42020 - Certificate IV in Massage Therapy course commencing in 2024.
You will learn:
- How to work with muscles, bones and fascia to evoke deep comfort and relaxation
- How to give the gift of relaxation to your loved ones
- Simple and effective ways to calm the nervous system
Units of Study
- FSKOCM002 Engage in short and simple spoken exchanges at work
- FSKLRG005 Use strategies to plan simple workplace tasks
- FSKLRG001 Prepare to participate in a learning environment
- There are no formal entry requirements for this skill set
- To enhance the quality of learning, students can only enrol in a single skill set at any given time and can explore each skill set just once.
- Learners must not have successfully completed more than one unit of competency attached to this course listed under Units of Study Required for this Skill Set.
- It is strongly recommended that you are able to bend, lift and stand for long periods, partially squat, weight bear on a single leg, have moderate grip and postural strength.
- Have access to a digital device to access online learning materials
Course Duration & Hours
- Classes are delivered face to face
- 8 day/s of classroom onsite learning 9:00am – 4:00pm
- 8 week duration
- Delivery location: Mullumbimby Campus
Course Fees are fully subsidised for eligible students:
- ACE Program Fee: $0*- most NSW residents are eligible for this subsidised fee!
- Full Fee: $400
We kindly remind students that a $100 cancellation fee will apply only to those who do not attend any sessions of the Skill Sets course, and we encourage timely communication if any unforeseen circumstances prevent attendance.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
*Student eligibility for ACE Program Fee
To be eligible for government subsidised training through the ACE Program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a New Zealand Citizen; and
- Live or work in New South Wales; and
- Be aged 15 years or older; and
- No longer be at school or equivalent; and
- Provide the College with your USI at the time of enrolment (admin staff can assist you in obtaining a USI);
For more information or to find out if your are eligible for the $0 fee call our office on 02 6684 3374.
What to bring
- Writing materials including pen and notepad
- Own lunch and refreshments
- Three large bath towels
- Two small hand towels
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that yet a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!
From the 1st of January 2015, any student enrolling in an Accredited Training course will be required to obtain a USI. The USI helps to keep your training records and results together in an online account which is controlled by you. You can logon to the "USI website":http://usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx and follow the simple instructions online to create your USI. This then needs to be provided to the College at the time of enrolment.