There are currently no openings available for this course.
Each week offers the opportunity to learn and create a different floral design ranging from professionally wired flower crowns to stunning modern bouquets and unique statement arrangements, all of which are yours to take home and enjoy for the remainder of the week.
Gain insight into how a floral arrangement can be costed and the retail value of floral designs. You will learn how to prepare and care for fresh flowers and materials used in each class along with basic information on plant materials.
This course is an extension of Introduction to Floristry and will explore different construction techniques, as they apply to each floral design, along with introducing you to some tips and tricks on creating a floral foam free table arrangement. This course is suitable for students who have completed our Introduction to Floristry course or those who have some very basic floral experience.
What you will learn:
- How to professionally wire a flower crown
- How to hand tie a posy
- Modern bouquet / vase designs
- How to create a foam free table arrangement
- Modern statement arrangements
- Suitable designs for special occasions
- How to correctly use floristry tools & equipment
- Skills in spiralling and fine wiring
Units of Study
- FSKWTG003 Write short and simple workplace information
- FSKOCM002 Engage in short and simple spoken exchanges at work
- There are no formal entry requirements for this skill set.
- To enhance the quality of learning, students can only enrol in a single skill set at any given time and can explore each skill set just once.
- Learners must not have successfully completed more than one unit of competency attached to this course listed under Units of Study Required for this Skill Set
Course Duration & Hours
- Classes are delivered face to face
- 4 days of classroom onsite learning 9:30am – 2:30pm
- 4 week duration
- Delivery location: Mullumbimby Campus
Course Fees are fully subsidised for eligible students.
- ACE Program Fee: $0* - most NSW residents are eligible for this subsidised fee!
- Full Fee: $500
We kindly remind students that a $100 cancellation fee will apply only to those who do not attend any sessions of the Skill Sets course, and we encourage timely communication if any unforeseen circumstances prevent attendance.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
*Student eligibility for ACE Program fee
To be eligible for government subsidised training through the ACE Program, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a New Zealand; and
- Live or work in New South Wales; and
- Be aged 15 years or older; and
- No longer be at school or equivalent; and
- Provide the College with your USI at the time of enrolment (admin staff can assist you in obtaining a USI); and
- Have not successfully completed the units listed under '**Assessments are made against units of competency' for this course.** Refer to the top of this page.
For more information or to find out if your are eligible for the $0 fee call our office on 02 6684 3374.
What to bring
- Pen and paper
- Own lunch and refreshments
- Closed in shoes
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that yet a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!
From the 1st of January 2015, any student enrolling in an Accredited Training course will be required to obtain a USI. The USI helps to keep your training records and results together in an online account which is controlled by you. You can logon to the "USI website":http://usi.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx and follow the simple instructions online to create your USI. This then needs to be provided to the College at the time of enrolment.