Music theory is like gravity - it applies whether you understand it or not.
Have you ever wondered:
- How come some people can just join in and 'jam' on a song they don't even know?
- How do I know which chords to use?
- What are chords anyway? How do they work and how are they built?
- How do chords relate to scales, and vice versa?
- How/why so many songs sound similar? (Hint: common chord progressions.)
- What do all those numbers and symbols mean in some chord names, and how do I play them?
- What does it mean when we say a song is in a particular key?
- What is harmony, and how do I do it?
- Rhythm? Huh?
In this course we will have fun exploring music theory you can actually USE, whatever your instrument. We will not be learning how to read music, and you won't need to be able to read music for this course. My goal is to unlock some of the mysteries of music theory, so you can use this knowledge to broaden and enrich your playing, your singing, your songwriting, your band, your choir, your ukulele group.
I will be using guitar and keyboard in class to illustrate the ideas presented, but feel free to bring along your instrument (well, - maybe not a drum-kit!). Additional materials $10
What to bring
- Pen and paper
- Musical instrument of choice (optional)
- $10 to pay tutor for materials
Feedback from Past Students
"Perfect. Just what I missed in my knowledge. Very Clear." Christina
Once your enrolment is completed you will receive a confirmation email. This email will include your receipt and inform you of the dates, times and venue for your course. It will also let you know of anything you need to take to class with you.
Please make sure that you give us a valid email address and mobile number as any course changes will be communicated via sms or email.
Students are required to be 15 years old and above at the time of enrolment.
Click here to read our Refund Policy
We keep our class sizes small so that you get a better experience. Avoid disappointment, enrol early!