Unlock the pathway to entrepreneurial success with our qualification tailored for aspiring business owners.
Certificate III In Entrepreneurship and New Business is your key to mastering core business skills, covering finances, legal compliance, digital marketing, and business proposals.
Delivered through a blend of online study, workplace visits, and engaging group workshops, you'll gain practical insights and one-on-one support from your experienced trainer. From organising personal work priorities to developing a personal budget and reviewing digital presence, this course is your fast track to launching and thriving in the world of small business.
Enrol now and turn your business dreams into reality!
Course Duration & Hours
- Students can enrol and start this course at anytime and work at a pace that suits you and your work commitments.
- The nominal duration of this course is 12 months, however as it is largely self-paced students can complete earlier.
- Students would need to commit approximately 5-10 hours per week to study time to be able to complete the course in the nominal duration.
- Assessments are completed online, and through observation of tasks in your workplace or during workshop activities.
Units of Study
- BSBESB301 Investigate business opportunities
- BSBESB302 Develop and present business proposals
- BSBESB303 Organise finances for new business ventures
- BSBESB305 Address compliance requirements for new business ventures
- BSBESB304 Determine resource requirements for new business ventures
- BSBOPS304 Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBPEF301 Organise personal work priorities
- BSBXCM301 Engage in workplace communication
- BSBESB407 Manage finances for new business ventures
- SIRXOSMOO3 Use social media and online tools
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Admission / Desirable Requirements
When studying with Byron Community College, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to ensure you have the pre-existing knowledge and skills required to complete your qualification. This course involves reading and undertaking a range of written assessments. A full list of admission / desirable requirements is available in the course Information Pack, please call or email the college for details.
Not sure which course is right for you? Click here to book a chat with our Student Support Coordinator to discuss your options and study pathways.
This course is being offered as a subsidised course to eligible students under the Smart and Skilled program. Below are subsidised student fees, prices may vary slightly depending on if you hold a prior qualification or are applying for credit transfer.
There are 4 Smart and Skilled student fee levels based on your eligibility:
- Smart and Skilled Fee-Free – $0
- Smart and Skilled Fee (Concession) - $240
- Smart and Skilled Fee (No Prior Qualification) – $1320
- Smart and Skilled Fee (2nd Qualification) - $1580
To be eligible for Smart and Skilled government subsidised training, you must:
• Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or humanitarian visa holder, or a New Zealand citizen; and
• Live or work in New South Wales; and
• Be aged 15 years or older; and
• No longer be at school or equivalent; and
• Provide the College with your USI at the time of enrolment (admin staff can assist you in obtaining a USI)
For more information on Smart and Skilled eligibility criteria or subsidised places, click here or call our office on 02 6684 3374.
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government.
The fee below applies to all User Pays students:
Full fee: $3,000
Early Bird: $2,600 (deposit to be received by 13 January 2024)
Course fees are paid in instalments scheduled throughout the duration of the course. Fee schedules for individual courses are outlined on the enrolment paperwork available through the college administration team.
This course is Austudy Approved
Student Policies and Procedures
See Student Handbook
From the 1st of January 2015, any student enrolling in an Accredited Training course will be required to obtain a USI. The USI helps to keep your training records and results together in an online account which is controlled by you. You can logon to the USI website here and follow the simple instructions online to create your USI. This then needs to be provided to the College at the time of enrolment.